Another year is sliding into its second month. Did you get around to making your New Year’s resolutions?
All the hype around resolutions, as we flip the calendar from December to January, makes me anxious. I much prefer to make my New Year’s Resolutions at Easter. Don’t jump to conclusions; it doesn’t mean I’m late! You see, the way I see it, by Easter I’ve had time to settle into the New Year. I’ve gotten comfortable with it; can write it on my checks without having to scratch through it. Besides Easter brings us spring time and a sense of rebirth which I think makes it a highly appropriate time to become resolute in new behaviors.
I’m not encouraging you to break with your personal traditions or not to make New Year’s resolutions; however, I’m just saying if you didn’t get around to and you’re feeling badly about that, there’s still time!
Regardless of my personal preference, the New Year is underway and “women are beginning again”.
Share your strategies for setting personal resolutions, or share your current resolution and what you are doing to ensure your success!
4 comments:
I agree! Spring is the perfect time for renewal. Things are budding out and popping up! The energy is great motivation!
Makes all the sense in the world to me. Better late than never.
Jan
Finally! Someone who agrees with me! I've always said that if you start in January by the time mid-February comes around you've not only ignored your resolution but you've also COMPLETELY FORGOT what the resolution even was with all the commotion of the new year. I firmly agree with starting when your good and ready!!
I personally do not usually make them. BUT! If I had more time to think about it and could wait until spring, I do know of one that I really need to make.
I focus too much on my failures and it makes me unable to enjoy my success. So, this would be my resolution... Create a praise journal and write down the positive event and accomplishments in my life. I would not have to praise just myself, but everyone in my life. I could share how proud I was of someone's actions or bravery. This would be such a wonderful thing to have when I get "down in the mouth".
We all have blessings that are showered on us everyday, but looking back we always remember and replay the "hard times". Even the worst days at work have moments of blessings in them. We come home with all the bad to report. We never mention the sweet child that gave you a note to thank you for helping her find a book in the library. I miss so much joy because of my negative outlook. If I had a praise journal maybe I would look harder for positive things to report and not miss the many great things that happen to me everyday.
Post a Comment